Exercise programs are what helps up physically burn fat, build muscle, and stay healthy. There are various programs that are available to help people to be fit. In general a good exercise program should consist of both weights and aerobics that will activate and rejuvenate the skin and improvement of blood flow. Some of the exercise components are warm up, stretching, cardiovascular training, and muscular training and cool down. Exercise programs are becoming more popular as people have learned and understood the important of being healthy and fit.
Tips on Beginning Exercise Programs
- Visit a doctor for check up before starting on any exercise program. The doctor may advise you on the best program to take depending on your body type.
- Classify your goals and preferences and stand by them. If you goal is to lose certain amount of weight be focused and choose the right program that will assist you in losing weight. Basically your goal determines whether you need a demanding or more moderate exercise program. To ensure effectiveness make sure that you choose your favorite activity as this will ensure that you will stick with the program. Keep alternating the program to avoid getting bored.
- Always start with mini-workouts. When starting you an exercise program begin with a moderate physical activity and then increase the pace little by little as time goes by. Starting a program steadily helps in accustoming your body to the demands of exercise and adapt to changes that occur.
- Start with warm-ups or stretch your body. Warms up prepares your muscles for exercise, and improves flexibility in the joints while stretching helps you to limber up and take pleasure in everyday activities.
- Drink plenty of fluids – Fluids are very important and it is advisable to drink plenty of water before and after you exercise. This will help you to prevail over the rise of body temperature during exercises and also calm your temperature after the exercise.
- Make a commitment and make exercise part of your lifestyle in order to achieve your goals. Commitment is the key to success.
Types of exercise programs
There are different types of exercise program that are available nowadays, this mainly depends on various factors such as, the main objective of the exercise, gender, age, the type of muscle fiber and body’s characteristics and type. It is advisable to visit a doctor before beginning on any exercise program. The doctor will advise you on the best exercise program that suits your body type and muscles.
a) Exercise programs for fat loss – The program for fat lose leads to weight loss, fit body and toned muscles .The main types of fat loss exercise programs are: aerobic and muscle building exercise routines. The amount of each exercise varies depending on how much weight someone desires to lose. This can be achieved by the help of a professional fitness instructor. The most common aerobic exercises that are done in the program include jogging, hiking, biking, running, and swimming. These exercises are extremely effective in burning extra fat and increasing endurance level. Basically exercise programs for weight loss are very important as they minimize the effects of menopause and osteoporosis for women.
b) Exercise programs for non gym goers – There are so many ways of getting fit other than going to a gym. A person can be fit without using a gym and we are going to look at the exercise programs for non gym goers. The best important thing is to choose the best program that suits you and plan for it well. Basically the exercise program should be practical and should have diversity in that:
- It should not be intensive that you get discouraged and give up easily.
- It should not be too relaxed- that you will not lose any weight at all and end up feeling more negative about yourself.
- Should be diverse that you may not get bored with the program.
For non gym goers exercise program to be successful one should be disciplined as the success of your exercise program depends on how disciplined you are. Above all you should love and enjoy every exercise and they love the nature.
In general the choice of an exercise program that you choose should greatly depend on your fitness goals. For instance you may decide to go on an exercise program in order to gain muscle and strength, tone and lose weight or just stay in shape and be healthy.
Benefits of taking exercise programs
- It improves the condition of the heart and lungs thus reducing the cases of heart attack, cancer and even stroke
- It increases muscular strength, endurance and motor fitness
- It increases aerobic fitness that means increase of endurance, or the ability to sustain work for prolonged periods. This endurance helps in controlling your weight, it increases the body’s production of endorphins that manage and reduces stress, it also helps to prevent cardiovascular disease, obesity, low back pain, arthritis, type 2 diabetes and above all it strengthens your immune system.
- Weight management or helps in losing and maintaining weight. Exercises helps in burning calories thus reducing the amount of fat in the body.
- It facilitates better coordination, agility and flexibility
- It improves balance and self consciousness thus helping the athletics remain focused as it increases physical confidence and self esteem.
- Reduces stress thus improving and allowing better sleep
- Improved general and psychological wellbeing
In general physical activities that are done during exercise programs have great impact in our lives and body in so many ways. The exercise programs are noted to have healthy benefits such as reduces the risk of chronic disease, improves body balance and coordination especially during athletics, help in losing and managing weight and above all it reduces stress thus improving sleep habits and self-esteem. It is therefore advisable to go for exercise programs that suits you in order to enjoy and achieve your goals of losing weight and being fit.